How Home Builders Can Give BackBy
Here are a few ways those in the building industry can use their particular skill sets to help those in need:
- Home Builders Industry Disaster Relief Fund: Created by the National Association o Home Builders, this charitable organization assists areas affected by disaster by facilitating the rebuilding of communities.
- Habitat for Humanity: Habitat builds and repairs houses worldwide using volunteer labor and donations. Partner families are then able to purchase these houses through no-profit, no-interest mortgage loans and through other financing methods.
- Homes for our Troops: This is a national non-profit organization committed to helping those who have returned home with serious injuries since September 11, 2001. The organization raises money, finds building materials and professional labors and coordinates the building a home designed to meet the needs of the individual veteran and their family.
- Homes for Hope: Homebuilder and trade partners come together to use their time, money and skills to build a home on a mostly pro bono basis with the money raised going directly towards supporting the work of HOPE International.
- Make it Right: Founded by Brad Pitt, Make It Right builds LEED Platinum certified homes and communities for people in need.
- Local organizations: There are many local organizations that builders can get involved with. One example of a builder giving back locally is Keystone Custom Homes, which recently partnered with Water Street Ministries to collect non-perishable items for their food drive.
Please take a few minutes to research any of the organizations listed above and/or other local organizations that interest you to see how you can use your resources to get involved.